Craving sweets and baked goods but trying to limit processed sugar and carbs in your diet? These delicious and healthy muffins are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast or snack with all the flavors of carrot cake, from carrots, raisins, spices, nuts, coconut, and a touch of honey.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure honey*
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract *
- 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon *
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder *
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg *
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 325º and set the baking rack to the middle of the range. Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish and cool for a few minutes. Line muffin pan with baking cups; foil, parchment, or paper all work.
- Mix wet ingredients: whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add honey, slightly cooled melted butter, carrots, and vanilla extract, and mix all ingredients with a whisk or mixing spoon.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, soda, and spices. Mix with a Danish dough whisk or a mixing spoon. Add dry ingredient to carrot mixture in the large bowl with a spoon or Danish dough whisk until combined. Fold in coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- Divide the batter between the dozen muffin liners with a spoon or cookie dough scoop. Fill the cups to the top with approximately ¼ cup per muffin – see the above post’s illustration of the pre-baked muffin pan in step 5.
- Bake the muffins for 22 – 25 minutes until nicely browned, springy to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Cool the muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling for an additional 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days; refrigerator for a week or freezer for 6 months.
* For CSD, use 100% pure honey, extracts, and spices with no added sugars or stabilizers
This recipe also makes 24 mini muffins, but grate carrot pieces in a small size. Bake at 325º for 14 – 17 minutes.
Equipment needed: – two mixing bowls, cookie or ice cream scoop for the batter, muffin tin, foil, parchment or paper liners, whisk, Danish dough whisk, or mixing spoon.
Try my recipe for Almond Flour Banana Nut Muffins, also GF & SCD.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Breakfast Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Specific Carbohydrate Diet, gift giving idea, clean eating, meal prep, snack