Go Color Crazy and Improve Your Health
This fresh and vibrant Cabbage and Pomegranate Superfood Salad has a delicious Asian vinaigrette. The colorful ingredients are nutrient-packed and complement any meat dish. This recipe is the perfect cold-weather salad because it uses in-season produce and provides an immunity boost exactly when you need it.
Does Colorful Food Improve Health?
In a previous Supper Sanity recipe post, we outlined the benefits of red cabbage in a Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage recipe. The benefits of red cabbage are extensive, but Pomegranate and Napa cabbage also have impressive nutrients. This salad uses all three of these superfoods that offer a powerful boost. Look at the nutrition panel below the recipe to see that this salad is a healthy choice.
Health Benefits of Pomegranates
- High in nutrients: vitamin C and K, potassium, and fiber
- Low in calories
- Numerous antioxidants protect the body against inflammation and damaging free radicals.
- Read more information about the health benefits of pomegranates from Medical News Today.
- Watch this Hello Fresh video to learn the best way to remove the seeds (arils) from a pomegranate.
Health Benefits of Napa Cabbage
- Low in calories
- Packed with antioxidant plant compounds, which scientific studies suggest offer protection against cancers and help reduce bad cholesterol.
- An abundant source of soluble and insoluble fiber, which is excellent for gut health
- Learn more about the health benefits of Napa cabbage from Nutrition and You. Go color crazy and load your nutrition.
Cabbage and Pomegranate Superfood Salad
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
The perfect cold-weather salad – Cabbage and Pomegranate Superfood Salad with a delicious Asian vinaigrette. The colorful ingredients are nutrient-packed.
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice – 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2–1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1–1/2 cups carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine Salad Dressing: Add the vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cumin salt, and pepper to the salad bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking to combine.
- Add Salad Ingredients: Add the red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots to the salad bowl. Combine.
- Add Toppings: Top with cilantro, pomegranate seeds, almonds and serve.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Salad
- Method: no cooking
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Festive salad, immunity boosting salad, New Years Day Recipe
2 responses to “Cabbage and Pomegranate Superfood Salad”
Delicious!!! I forgot to buy the almonds, so threw in some raw sunflower seeds I had on hand for the crunch.
Plan to use the rest of the napa in a stirfry soon.
Monica, Thanks for trying the recipe and the great review.