Caesar Salad - Tastes Great with Everything
Caesar salad is on the menu at the best eateries for a reason – it’s delicious. You can never have too many salad recipes in your meal rotation. And this Caesar Salad recipe goes with everything: Grilled chicken, salmon, steaks, chops, tenderloin, burgers, and even pizza. My personal favorite is to serve it with grilled or poached salmon.
- Romain is the only lettuce to use for a Caesar Salad.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes are preferred, or standard tomatoes will work.
- Parmesan cheese should be coarsely grated or shaved.
- Parmesan Crisps “crackers” available in the snack aisle are low carb, gluten-free, and loaded with calcium; bread croutons are a great option but generally not gluten-free.
- Mayonnaise – I like Primal Kitchen brand made with avocado oil and no sugar.
- Anchovy paste – can also smash four anchovies in oil or eliminate them.
- Apple Cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.