Caesar Salad - Tastes Great with Everything
Caesar salad is on the menu at the best eateries for a reason – it’s delicious. You can never have too many salad recipes in your meal rotation. And this Caesar Salad recipe goes with everything: Grilled chicken, salmon, steaks, chops, tenderloin, burgers, and even pizza. My personal favorite is to serve it with grilled or poached salmon.
- Romain is the only lettuce to use for a Caesar Salad.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes are preferred, or standard tomatoes will work.
- Parmesan cheese should be coarsely grated or shaved.
- Parmesan Crisps “crackers” available in the snack aisle are low carb, gluten-free, and loaded with calcium; bread croutons are a great option but generally not gluten-free.
- Mayonnaise – I like Primal Kitchen brand made with avocado oil and no sugar.
- Anchovy paste – can also smash four anchovies in oil or eliminate them.
- Apple Cider vinegar or red wine vinegar.
Salmon Caesar Salad
Make this delicious salad with any of the following to make a delicious Salmon Caesar Salad.
- Thai Grilled Salmon
- Grill Pan Ginger Salmon
- Or ready-made Smoked Salmon from the grocery store.
- Poached salmon from the Instant Pot – recipe coming soon.
Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Caesar salad is on the menu at the best eateries for a reason – it’s delicious. You can never have too many salad recipes in your meal rotation. And this Caesar Salad recipe goes with everything: Grilled chicken, salmon, steaks, chops, tenderloin, burgers, and even pizza.
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and torn or a 15-ounce package*
- 10 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes washed and halved
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 1.75-ounce bag Parmesan Crisps or 1 cup store-bought croutons** see note below
- 1 cup avocado mayonnaise. I use Primal Kitchen
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or smash 4 anchovies in oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Salad – Tear the romaine heads into bite-sized pieces and place them in a salad spinner. Rinse lettuce and spin dry. Pat dry with a towel if any water remains. Place lettuce pieces in a large salad bowl. Rinse tomatoes and cut them in half. Distribute tomatoes on top of salad greens. Sprinkle Parmesan Crisp or croutons on salad.
- Make Dressing – Place mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Stir in the juice of the lemon, minced garlic, mustard anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Toss dressing and salad. Start with half of the sauce on the salad and gently toss. Place extra dressing on the table for salad dressing lovers or dollop on protein served at the meal. Cover any extra salad dressing and place in the refrigerator. It is fresh for one week
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
2 responses to “Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing”
Salads are the crown jewel of any dinner and this recipe is perfection. It goes with everything. The dressing is to die for.