Have you ever made a chimichurri sauce? It is very similar to pesto in color and uses, but the flavors are very different. It’s an Argentinean condiment that is popular throughout Latin American Cuisine. There are many recipes, but I like this recipe with parsley, cilantro, lime juice, and a sweeter vinegar like balsamic or apple cider. Great to pare with Blood Orange Fennel Salad, The Best Brown Rice, and Cuban Style Grilled Flank Steak.
Chimichurri Sauce for Grilled Flank Steak
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 8 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Chimichurri sauce is a classic steak condiment from Argentina. A vibrant and delicious addition, chimichurri sauce for grilled flank steak takes 10 minutes to make!
- 1 cup fresh parsley – Italian or flat-leaf, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, washed and stems removed
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Make the Chimichurri Sauce:
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed. Push down with a spatula to include all the items.
- Serve – spoon into a small serving bowl and serve with grilled steak.
*Read vinegar ingredients to ensure no added sugars or other processed ingredients. Vinegar is considered a gray area on the Paleo diet.
- The Cuban Style flank steak has a citrus mojo sauce in the recipe. Chimichurri sauce comes from Argentina. I serve both the citrus mojo sauce and the chimichurri sauce because I can’t decide which is the best.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Argentina
Keywords: flank steak sauce