Chimichurri sauce is a classic steak condiment from Argentina. A vibrant and delicious addition, chimichurri sauce for grilled flank steak takes 10 minutes to make!
- 1 cup fresh parsley – Italian or flat-leaf, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, washed and stems removed
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Make the Chimichurri Sauce:
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixed. Push down with a spatula to include all the items.
- Serve – spoon into a small serving bowl and serve with grilled steak.
*Read vinegar ingredients to ensure no added sugars or other processed ingredients. Vinegar is considered a gray area on the Paleo diet.
- The Cuban Style flank steak has a citrus mojo sauce in the recipe. Chimichurri sauce comes from Argentina. I serve both the citrus mojo sauce and the chimichurri sauce because I can’t decide which is the best.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Argentina
Keywords: flank steak sauce