Straight From The Pros
This recipe for Crispy Roasted Broccoli is from a Sur La Table cooking class. A professional chef teaches all their classes, and this recipe is from Cast Iron: American Comfort Favorites. Every item on the menu is tasty, but the broccoli recipe is my favorite. Roasting broccoli enhances the flavors and gives a special crunch.
Crispy Roasted Broccoli
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Roasting vegetables is a game-changer—Crispy Roasted broccoli with lemon and pecorino will make you crave this vegetable for every dinner.
- 1 lb. broccoli florets, trimmed
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into half rings
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for greasing
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Pecorino-Romano, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 450º and position the oven rack in the middle.
- Add the cut broccoli, onion pieces, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the baking pan. Mix all ingredients well, spreading the oil throughout the pan and broccoli.
- Evenly spread the broccoli pieces in the baking pan or sheet and transfer them to the oven.
- Roast the broccoli until bright green and tender, about 15 – 20 minutes, and turn the vegetables after 10 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl and toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle with Pecorino. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I added red onion to the original recipe because they add a sweet dimension.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Classic
Keywords: Roasted vegetables, roasted broccoli