Roasting vegetables is a game-changer—Crispy Roasted broccoli with lemon and pecorino will make you crave this vegetable for every dinner.
- 1 lb. broccoli florets, trimmed
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into half rings
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, more for greasing
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Pecorino-Romano, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 450º and position the oven rack in the middle.
- Add the cut broccoli, onion pieces, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the baking pan. Mix all ingredients well, making sure to spread the oil throughout the pan and broccoli.
- Evenly spread the broccoli pieces in the baking pan or sheet and transfer them to the oven.
- Roast the broccoli until bright green and tender, about 15 – 20 minutes, and turn vegetables after 10 minutes.
- Transfer broccoli to serving bowl and toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle with Pecorino. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I added red onion to the original recipe because they add a sweet dimension.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Classic
Keywords: Roasted vegetables, roasted broccoli