This zesty recipe for Grilled Chicken Breast with Ginger Marinade is the perfect reason to get together with family and friends for a grill-out. It will make you fall in love with chicken all over again. Lime juice, cilantro, ginger, cayenne, and a touch of honey make a sweet & spicy marinade that will become a favorite dish.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
- 2 limes, zested
- juice of zested limes
- 1-inch cube of peeled ginger, minced
- 6 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped (reserve half for garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix Marinade: Whisk marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour into a silicone or zip lock bag or glass or ceramic dish; add chicken pieces. Seal the bag or cover the container and place in refrigerator for 2 – 3 hours or overnight.
- Prepare Grill: Preheat grill to medium or 400º for 10 minutes. To keep the chicken from sticking, brush some oil on the grill.
- Grill Chicken: Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on an oiled grill for 6 – 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer after 10 minutes of cooking. The chicken needs to reach 165º degrees to be thoroughly cooked through. Discard marinade.
- Serve: Remove chicken breast from grill and place on a platter. Allow to rest for 5 minutes and sprinkle with kosher salt and reserved cilantro.
Watch the video in the post if you want fancy grill marks on the chicken breast.
- Prep Time: 15
- Marinade: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Summer Grill Recipe