No Pub Needed for this Grilled Turkey Reuben Sandwich
Turn your house into a cozy pub with this classic sandwich. Just make a grilled cheese sandwich with rye or pumpernickel bread and swiss cheese and layer in sauerkraut and thin slices of leftover roasted turkey. I warm up the sauerkraut and turkey before placing them in the sandwich. Serve with Thousand Island Dressing as a dipping sauce.
More leftover turkey breast recipes
Grilled Reuben Sandwich with Leftover Turkey Breast
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 pieces of rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 4 pieces of swiss cheese, cut to fit bread slices
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 6 turkey breast slices
- 2 Tablespoons Thousand Island dressing*
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or nonstick skillet on the stovetop for a few minutes.
- Warm the sauerkraut and turkey slices: place kraut in the microwave or a saucepan for a few minutes to warm. Heat both sides of the turkey slices in the skillet to warm through; set aside.
- Assemble Sandwich: Spread butter on one side of each piece of bread. Place two pieces of bread butter side down on the skillet. Top with one piece of cheese on each bread slice. Split the warm sauerkraut between the two sandwich halves. Add turkey and spread the thousand Island on the turkey. Top with the second piece of cheese and bread (butter side up). When the bottom bread is browned, flip the sandwich and grill the other side until brown and toasted.
- Cut the sandwich in half and enjoy.
* mayonnaise or mustard can be substituted for Thousand Island dressing
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: sandwich
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thansgiving leftovers, leftover roasted turkey breast