Busy Night Calls for an Easy Dinner
Every family needs a go-to fast meal that sits ready to be made on short notice. Harvest Casserole 20-minute dinner is the solution for my family. My children call it “apples, sausage, and rice,” practically everything in the dish. The magic to this formula is that it only contains five ingredients, one of which is water! Keep the items for Harvest Casserole on hand because it is sure to become a family favorite.
No Brainer Recipe Becomes a Family Tradition
My kids all made Harvest Casserole in college and shared it with their roommates, and it remains in their household meal rotation as adults. My neighbors all made it because their kids were over at the house and insisted their mom get the recipe from me. But the sheer delight in this recipe is that it checks off so many boxes:
- Great Leftovers
- Staple Meal
- Fabulous Back To School Meal
- Easy Brunch Side Dish
- Do you have to use hot sausage? No mild sage sausage will also work. Or use plant-based ground sausage (savory or hot) for a vegan dish.
- Can’t find Stouffer’s frozen apples? Use canned apple pie filling but strain off some of the juice, or it will be too sweet.
- Make your own – see the recipe below.
- Or make the apples from scratch. Try this copycat recipe created by Extraordinary Life to make a gluten-free version of Stouffer’s Frozen Apples.
What to Serve with Harvest Casserole 20 Minute Dinner?
A simple salad kit as a side or your favorite frozen vegetable will keep the dinner simple. Other options include making one of the below recipes earlier in the week and serving the leftovers.