This delicious recipe for Honey Ginger Green Beans is great hot, room temperature, or cold, making this vegetable side dish extra easy and flexible.
- 1.5 pounds green beans, ends trimmed and left whole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt – or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook Green Beans. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil and stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Add green beans to the boiling water and boil for 5 – 7 minutes or until the beans are crisp but tender. Pour cooked green beans into a colander and rinse with cold water for a few seconds to stop cooking. This will keep the green beans close to their original bright green color.
- Make Dressing. Whisk together mustard, vinegar, honey, ginger, and seasoning in a small bowl. Slowly add olive oil with the whisk and combine the ingredients.
- Assemble. Coat the bottom of the serving dish with half the dressing. Add green beans and the remainder of the dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature, or place in the refrigerator to serve cold.
To make ahead and serve warm: Follow step 1 and place cooked green beans in the refrigerator. Make the dressing – it can stay on the counter one day but put it in the fridge if made days ahead. Just before serving, saute green beans in the skillet to warm through. Pour dressing over beans and stir—place in serving dish.
To make ahead and serve at room temperature or cold: Green beans and the dressing can be made ahead and left at room temperature for one-two hours.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Side dish, make-ahead, family friendly, paleo