FREE List of Kitchen Must-Haves
A well-equipped kitchen with basic cooking tools makes meal preparation more manageable and maybe even fun. Whether you are a novice cook setting up or first kitchen or a home chef, you’re guaranteed to learn something new after browsing The Kitchen Essentials Checklist. Cooking must-haves like bakeware, cookware, cutting equipment, kitchen gadgets, utensils, and small kitchen appliances are all on the checklist.
Free Kitchen Essentials Checklist
Sign-up to receive the Complete Kitchen Essential Checklist and discover gift ideas for yourself and your favorite cook. Get the list delivered right to your inbox.
How to Get a Well-Equipped Kitchen?
Supper Sanity provides recipes and meal planning tips, but another vital topic is equipping a kitchen with essential tools that help get the meal on the table. The Kitchen Essential Checklist is a guide for beginner or skilled home cooks. I used my experience cooking for a family of five for many years, entertaining, and working at Sur La Table to create this list. An interior designer and a chef also reviewed the kitchen checklist.
The checklist is a great starting point to think through your cooking needs. Use the list to inventory your current kitchen accessories and note the missing cooking items. Create a wish list and begin your buying strategy for you or the family cook. Cooking equipment is an investment. Take your time to discover what you need and purchase only the essentials for your kitchen.
Review the current tools in your cabinets, drawers, pantry, and countertops and compare them to the checklist. Kitchen essentials come in the following categories:
- Appliances & Electrics
- Cutting Tools
- Kitchen Utensils
- Baking Essentials
- Kitchen Gadgets
When to Purchase New or Replace?
If any of the following scenarios resonate, it may be time to take stock of your kitchen equipment.
- Getting Married and Creating a Wedding Registry – Congratulation! Now’s the time to get the cooking tools you want and need. Your wedding guests love to buy from a curated list.
- Wedding Jealousy – You’ve recently purchased a wedding gift and discovered that you must upgrade every kitchen appliance on the bride and groom’s wedding registry list.
- Tired of Hand-Me Downs – tired of using nonstick pans that stick, split wooden spoons, and warped cookware that can’t take the heat.
- New life – new kitchen – new apartment, moving, graduating, recently independent, marriage, interest in upping your cooking game, or other life events means buying new cooking utensils and gadgets.
- Remodeled Kitchen – your recent renovation needs new kitchen tools that match the look.
- Downsizing – going to a smaller kitchen requires cooking basics that offer more utility.
- Note: Dishware, barware, serving pieces, and flatware are also needed, but I keep the list for cooking equipment. Brides wedding registry guide includes dining, entertaining, and household items.
My Favorite Kitchen Essentials
1) Instant Pot for quick meals; 2) Dutch Oven for soup and chili; 3) Sheet pan for roasting; 4) Food Processor for meal prep. The below recipes use these tools.