Using leftovers is a smart strategy to simplify meal planning. You can get meal prep ideas on many social media channels. #mealprep has more than 13 million posts on Instagram, and #leftovers have 1.9 million posts. Whatever you call it, leftovers, or meal prep, having food prepared is a game-changer during the busy holiday season.
Recipe Ideas for Using Leftover Roast Turkey
- Turkey salad on your favorite toasted bread with apple slices
- Turkey salad over arugula with sweet potato tortilla chip
- Turkey Rueben sandwiches
- Mason Jar salads using leftover turkey and Make-Ahead Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
leftover turkey Recipes to try
Leftover Roasted Turkey Salad with Pecans and Grapes
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This recipe provides the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and crunchy. Try it in a sandwich over your favorite toasted bread or as a salad over arugula or other greens. You will be so glad to have leftover roasted turkey.
- 3 cups leftover turkey breast or legs or combination, chopped into bite-size pieces*
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup grapes, red or green, halved**
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Toasted bread if making a sandwich
- Chopped greens if making a salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- 3 dashes of garlic powder
- 1 – 2 Tablespoon of fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon of dried dill***
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Turkey
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Leftover roast turkey, Thaskgiving leftover recipe
6 responses to “Leftover Roast Turkey Salad with Pecans and Grapes”
Thanks for these leftovers recipes. So glad to have a plan for the day after! Your recipes are always delicious!
Lynn, wow what great news that you love this recipe and others. I hope you add them into your menu rotation.
I purchased a roasted turkey breast from the grocery store not really knowing what I was going to do with it!! It just smelled so good and I was getting hungry. I found this recipe and decided to try it. I made the Leftover Turkey sandwich. I did not have grapes so substituted apple!! It was delicious and so easy to prepare. It will be the perfect way to use our leftover turkey at Thanksgiving, Christmas or anytime!!!
Sounds so yummy with apples. Glad you liked the recipe and now you are set for turkey leftovers.
When you wake up from your post- Thanksgiving dinner slumber you’re likely to encounter a container full of leftover turkey. Now you have a choice: Eat plain, boring roast turkey sandwiches for the next few days or turn your leftover bird into delicious new dishes you’ll actually enjoy. But be warned: These delicious dishes may cause more Thanksgiving-like naps.
Having a backup plan for leftover turkey is always a win, but planning for naps is even better. Thanks for the review!!