Fresh Brussels Sprout Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This make-ahead salad recipe with shaved Brussels sprouts is a crowd-pleaser. Every time I make it, I get numerous requests for the recipe. It boosts your ego and your pride to make something so delicious and nutritious. This salad recipe is perfect for any special occasion.
Crowd Pleasing Salad
Make-Ahead Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad is my new favorite salad recipe. I made it for numerous gatherings – dinners parties, bridal shower, baby shower, and birthday parties. This recipe also appears at the Friendsgiving event and my Thanksgiving Dinner. It’s a tried and true recipe that always stands out.
Thanksgiving Day Salad
This is a perfect recipe to make for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner:
- Everyone will love this side dish
- It saves time and cleanup because there is no cooking
- The salad can be made ahead in the morning
- It makes a quick next-day meal – just add leftover roast turkey!
- Dried cranberries can replace cherries
- Pecans for the walnuts
- Pre-shredded Brussels sprouts in a bag (if you can find them) for freshly shaved, although I have only used whole and shredded them.
- Box grater with a slicer side or mandoline or food processor with the slicing blade to shave the Brussels sprouts and thinly slice apples
- Whisk to combine salad dressing
- Cut-resistant glove to protect your hands while slicing
How to Thinly Shave Brussels Sprouts
Fresh, uncooked Brussels Sprouts can be thinly sliced with a food processor, mandoline or box grater.
If using a food processor, trim the ends off the washed sprouts.
This method is very fast and I used the blade on thickness level three.
If using a mandoline, keep woody end in tact to use as a handle and thinly slice. A cut resistent glove will protect your fingers.
If using a box grater, keep the woody end to use as a handle and use a cut resistent glove. Compost the unused ends.
One pound of fresh uncooked Brussels sprouts will provide 6 cups, shaved
The recipe generously serves ten people. You will not be disappointed if you have leftovers. It’s a great dish for Thanksgiving Dinner because it requires no cooking and can be made early in the day. You can also serve it the next day with leftover turkey slices and a little arugula to freshen it up.
Mealprep for Lunch - Mason Jar Salad
Layer Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with leftover Thanksgiving roasted turkey and some arugula for a beautiful lunch. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days. I put the dressed salad on the bottom, followed by chopped leftover turkey and arugula on top. Placing the salad on the bottom keeps the arugula and turkey dressing free until ready to eat. Just pour onto your plate and enjoy. Mealprep is another reason to make this salad.