Bring the Taste of New Orleans
Big taste but very few ingredients in this veggie-forward version of a classic Big Easy dish – Paleo Creole Ragu with Shrimp and Sausage. It’s Paleo and low carb because it’s served over spaghetti squash rather than rice. New Orleans is a great place to visit and enjoy the culture and fare. You can celebrate the unique flavors of the city at your dinner table with this recipe by Emeals.
Why I Love this Recipe
Notes on Ingredients
- Nitrate-free and low sodium turkey sausage is a great choice
- Can replace green pepper with any preferred color.
- Creole seasoning – look for low salt or no salt added seasoning mix
- Frozen or fresh shrimp can be used. Frozen raw (uncooked) shrimp is a great option. Look for wild-caught American shrimp. It will come from the coastal regions: NC, SC, GA, FL, LA. If you cannot find an affordable price for wild-caught American shrimp, look for sustainable farm-raised.
- Spaghetti squash is such a flavorful and fun vegetable. I seek out recipes and grow them in my garden. Kids love to help scrape out the strands but make sure it is cool enough to handle.
This simple recipe does not require much in the way of equipment but it needs a Dutch oven or stockpot and a sharp and sturdy chef knife to cut the spaghetti squash.