The hotness from ginger and curry combined with sweet coconut milk and tomato gives the chicken a new meaning. You’ll love chicken all over again with this recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14-oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 7 ounces coconut milk, unsweetened (use half of a 14-oz can and freeze the remainder)
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste (1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1 pound cooked broccoli – 2 broccoli crowns
- cilantro, chopped – for garnish
- 1 lime, cut into 3 wedges
- Combine ginger, salt, and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish.
- Place 1″ chicken pieces on a small platter or cookie sheet. Sprinkle mixed spices over the top of the chicken and toss to coat all pieces. I use an old flour sifter but sprinkling also works.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add onions and chicken. Cook 8 minutes or until chicken is brown, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium saucepan with 2 quarts of water with salt over high heat. Bring to a boil and add broccoli. Reduce heat to medium and boil for 4 minutes. Remove broccoli to a colander with a slotted spoon. Rinse under cold water for a few seconds to stop cooking.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato paste, and red curry paste and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place broccoli on a plate and stop with chicken sauce.
- Sprinkle with cashews pieces, cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
This is a paleo meal, but you can serve over your favorite rice if not following a low-carb diet.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Paleo, curry, ginger, gluten-free