Thanksgiving Day Side Dish
I made Roasted Cauliflower with fresh sage and rosemary for Thanksgiving one year, and it is now requested by my family every year for that holiday and many, many times in between. Don’t wait for the holidays to make this recipe. I had to buy a larger sheet pan that could withstand the heat and fit two cauliflower heads. This recipe for roasted cauliflower is from Lynne Rosetto Kasper, retired host of The Splendid Table.
Tips for Cutting Cauliflower & Growing Herbs
- Learn how to cut cauliflower like a pro. Watch this YouTube video about cutting cauliflower from everyone’s favorite cook, Ina Garten – The Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network.
- Do you have an herb garden? It can save you money and trips to the store. Sage and rosemary are easy to grow in the herb garden.
How to Roast Vegetables
- Dry vegetables after washing; otherwise, they will steam and not get crispy.
- Use a low-sided roasting pan or sheet pan that can withstand the heat of a 425º – 450º oven. The sheet pan pictured to the left is 18″ x 13″ x 2″ and takes up the entire oven cooking rack.
- Roasting needs a good coating of olive oil on the pan and vegetables
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer – do not overcrowd.