Aside from the irresistible taste of the tender pork, rich peanut sauce and sweet pineapple, there are more reasons to indulge in Asian Pork Roast with Peanuts and Pineapple. This budget meal is loaded with vitamins and makes great leftovers.
2 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed of most fat and cut into 4 pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce* see notes for paleo, gluten-free, SCD
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar** see notes
2 Tablespoons rice wine or cooking sherry** see notes
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 bell peppers, seeded & chopped (any color or combination of colors – red, green, orange, yellow)
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 lime, juiced
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
1 tablespoon cornstarch *** see notes
4 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
2 cups rice, cooked **** see notes
- Prepare Ingredients. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the multi-cooker pot, and stir to combine.
- Prepare Meat. Put the pork loin into 4 equal pieces and place in the multi-cooker pot.
- Add Vegetables—top meat with bell pepper pieces.
- Choose Cooking Method- Instant Pot or Crock Pot: A. Cook – Pressure Mode – close the lid and cook on high pressure for 55 minutes. Quick-release. B. Cook – Slow Cook Mode Close the lid and cook on a low setting for 4 hours.
- Cool Meat. Open the cover, remove the meat to a cutting board, and let it cool.
- Make the rice or noodles according to the package directions.
- Add to cooking liquid in the multi cooker: Turn the cooker to saute and add sesame oil, peanut butter, salt, pineapple, and lime juice to the cooking liquid.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon to the sauce to thicken. Cook over medium-high, stirring for 2 minutes until heated through and slightly thickened. Add more cornstarch paste to reach the desired consistency.
- Shred meat with two forks and add back to multi cooker to combine.
- Serve over rice or rice noodles and garnish with diced cilantro and chopped peanuts and sliced green onion.
Calories include 2 cups white rice cooked in water
*Soy sauce substitutions: paleo – coconut amino, gluten-free – coconut amino or gluten-free tamari; SCD – grain-free tamari
** Vinegar: check labels for added illegal ingredients
***corn flour substitutes: paleo – arrowroot: SCD – almond flour
**** Rice substitutes: low-carb, paleo, or SCD – serve over cooked cauliflower rice, zoodles or spaghetti squash
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Pressure Cook: 55 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours (Slow Cooker)
- Category: Pork
- Method: Crock Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Pork loin, meal prep, New Years Day Recipe, peanut sauce