Complement Many Dishes
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries complement many dishes and they are so fun to make and eat. Roasting brings out the sweetness in the potato which blends perfectly with spicy ingredients. This recipe includes smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin for a real punch that enhances the sweet flavor of the potatoes.
Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
Spicy roasted sweet potato fries are a classic addition to grilled chicken, steak, or a burger. These fries complement many dishes, and they are so fun to make and eat. Roasting brings out the sweetness in the potato, which blends perfectly with spicy ingredients.
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 3 – 4 small
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika*
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin*
- Preheat oven to 425°F—coat sheet pan with olive oil.
- Prepare Potatoes. Peel sweet potatoes and cut potatoes into ¼” thin strips, then place in a large bowl. TIP: Cut potato in half crosswise, then cut each half into 6 – 8 lengthwise strips.
- Add olive oil—drizzle olive oil over potato strips in the bowl and stir to coat.
- Add Spices. In a small bowl, combine paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Sprinkle spices over the potatoes and mix well to cover all pieces with the seasoning.
- Roast. Spread evenly on a greased sheet pan—Roast for 15 minutes
- Turn. Remove from oven and turn with a spatula and loosen from pan.
- Continue to roast for 10-15 more minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender and browned.
*For a Paleo diet, spices should be preservative-free.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Potatoes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Classic
Keywords: yams, sweet potatoes
4 responses to “Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries”
Definitely going to be a go to recipe for me
Made this with dinner tonight. Simple and delicious!
Hi Cyndi, appreciate the review. Try the baked sweet potato recipe and let me know your thoughts. 🙂