Salmon is the most popular fish for a reason – it’s easy, delicious, and nutritious. The best way to cook Thai Grilled Salmon is to grill it outside with this easy lime citrus marinade.
- 1.25 – 1.5 – pounds salmon fillet or (4) 5-6 oz. skin-on salmon fillets (1 per serving)
- 1 lime zested and juiced – reserve some zest for garnish after cooking
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon on a plate skin side down, pour marinade over pieces, and top with lime slices. Sit fish on the counter for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400º.
- Brush fish basket with olive oil and place fish inside and close and lock handle.
- Place fish skin side down on the grill and cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 2– 3 minutes. This skin side can take more heat than- the flesh side, so I do that side a little longer. Fish is done when it is the same color throughout.
- Place on a platter and cut into individual pieces.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and cilantro.
Excellent with Basmati Rice Pilaf and Zucchini in Coconut Sauce. If eating a paleo diet, eliminate the rice.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Salmon, grilled, Thai