This tasty recipe for Tuna Pasta with Arugula and Lemon is a delicious, one-pot meal on the table in 25-minutes! It’s also budget-friendly.
- 12–oz linguini
- 1/3 cup olive oil. Use a smaller amount if using tuna packed in oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 5–ounce cans Albacore wild tuna, drained; tuna in oil can also be used but reduce the olive oil amount
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest – zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice – juice of one lemon (tip: room temperature lemons provide more juice)
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Kalamata black olives for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions for al dente. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of salted pasta water in a coffee mug. Drain the pasta and place back into the cooking pot with a little of the pasta water if the sauce is not mixing easily.
- Make sauce while the pasta is cooking—heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add tuna to the garlic, break into pieces, and stir until heated through – about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice and zest and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add arugula to the drained pasta and toss over low heat until it wilts for about 2 minutes. Add some pasta water if needed.
- Mix the tuna mixture with the pasta and stir to combine. Add more pasta water to moisten, if needed.
- Season – add salt and pepper.
- Serve -place in a serving bowl and garnish with olives.
You may be able to serve 5, depending on appetite. You can also use 1 pound of pasta to provide more servings. If you enjoy this recipe, try Tuna and Kale Pasta.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: one-pot meal, budget friendly, pantry meal, fast, lenten meal, meatless Fridays dinner