This refreshing side salad of watermelon, arugula, and feta with a touch of heat from jalapeños will make you crave this fruit all year long. It goes great with your favorite grilled meat or seafood.
- 4 cups of seedless watermelon, diced
- 1 sweet onion (Vidalia), diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled, optional – omit if paleo
- 5-oz package baby arugula
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl. This can be done ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Whisk together the dressing of lime juice and honey.
- Toss dressing and salsa
- Place arugula in a salad bowl and top with dressed salsa
- Sprinkle feta on top
Salsa can be served in a hollowed-out watermelon half, if desired
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: watermelon salad with feta and arugula