A delicious dish of zucchini in creamy coconut sauce that makes the squash irresistible. Your pickiest eaters will become veggie fanatics. Serve with Thai Grilled Salmon and Basmati Rice Pilaf for an anniversary or birthday dinner idea. No one will know it’s low-carb.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 zucchinis, or yellow squash, diced (or 1 of each makes a colorful dish)
- 1 lb. white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 oz. tomato paste*
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk (no sugar added)
- 1 Tablespoon red curry paste or sriracha sauce or to taste, optional
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced.
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil on medium, stir in garlic, onion, and celery, and cook for 5 minutes, often stirring until vegetables soften.
- Add and mushrooms, salt, squash, and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often.
- Add tomato paste and gently work the paste into the vegetables.
- Add coconut milk and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and serve. Note: Feel free to spice it up with red pepper flakes, hot chile sauce, or red curry paste.
If eating low-carb or paleo, serve over cauliflower rice.
Tip: freeze the unused portion of tomato paste in a zip-lock baggie for future use.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Paleo, gluten free